Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems with 8.1.1 Patch.

Albion

System:

Mastercam Mill v8.1

Windows 2000 sp1

PIII 933's with 128meg of RAM

Enough disk space.

HP Vectra VL400 with Intel 815 onboard video card (Soon to change I hope.)

I reciently downloaded the 8.1.1 patch and tried to install it. When it gets to about 40% it dies with a "File not found" error. Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a fix?

Second question, has anyone seen any problems with Mastercam 8.1 or 8.1.1 and Windows 2000 SP2?

Thanks.

-cm

The file not found output may be normal.

Some of the patch applies to the wire EDM module and the patch will output a "file not found warning" if you don't have Wire installed.

Also be sure you are updating from V8.0

not V8.1. If you are currently V8.1, use your

V8.0 disk and choose the "Repair "option.

Then apply the V8.1.1 patch. Click OK

if you get the file not found warning.

I haven't seen any problems with Mastercam 8.x and Windows 2000 SP2. The majority of the updates in SP2 are security-related which doesn't really affect Mastercam. Check out these Microsoft Knowledge Base articles for a list of the bugs fixed by SP2:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...2.asp?ID=282522

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...4.asp?ID=282524

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...5.asp?ID=282525

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...3.asp?ID=298193

I have seen this and looking for a fix myself have a customer that i tried to update and it give this error and will not take the patch.

the OS on this one is Win98se

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum

quote:

When the patch fails, does it ever mention which file cannot be found? The patch is being run from Mastercam's root dir, right?

It never mentions the file and yes I ran it from both the root dir and C: both time with the same error.

My solution to the problem was to get the Full 8.1.1 CD from our vendor. This asked if I wanted to upgrade when it detected the older version. Everything is fine now. Thanks alot for the help.

-cm

[This message has been edited by Albion (edited 06-20-2001).]

Good to hear it all worked out in the end. For those upgrading from 8.1 to 8.1.1 don't forget to run the patches from Mastercam's root directory (Ex: C:Mcam8). And remember, there are four individual patches; one for each Mastercam product (Design, Mill, Lathe and Wire). You only have to download the patches for the products you have.

On the one i tryed installing it would not take the patch at all.

that's what sucked.

I am waiting for every one to get done at CNC with the reseller's get togeather to hit them with this.

as for the link from Cycletime he forgote a part here is the right link.

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/mastercam%20forum/

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 06-20-2001).]

CycleTime is right.

My old computer would not take the upgrade. To fix it, I saved the files I

wanted to keep, uninstalled MC, deleted the

MC8 directory and reinstalled v8.1.

The update patch to V81.1 ran fine after that.

The 8.1.1 patch only works for the SECOND(official) release of 8.1 If your dealer gave you the first 8.1 (.exe dated 1-11-2001 I think) the patch will not work. The actual release of 8.1 is dated 1-26-2001 if I'm not mistaken.

If you have the old one, either get a copy of the real 8.1 or your dealer should have 8.1.1 CD's by now.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Lou nailed it. Most all patches need to be run from the root Mastercam Directory ex. c:mcam8 They will not work and they'll give you error message.

gstephens hit it, the OFFICIAL release date for 8.1 is 1/26/01. If you have anything else, get a new 8.1 CD from your reseller and install it. Start Mastercam once. Then apply the 8.1.1 patch.

------------------

James M. ;)

If the patch fails back up your Mill8.cfg and mill8.txt. Then take the 8.1 CD dated 1/26/01 and do a repair install then run the patch. I have had sucess with this method. But if you drag your current CFG & TXT files off some where else you must run Mastercam 1 time to rebuild the files to default. Other wise the patch will fail.