Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to create high resolution images.

Mekanikal

Hello, everyone.

I was just thinking if it is possible to create a high resolution image of your model from within mastercam. So that the image itself can be zoomed for tiny details.

Right now I am making 4 or 5 images of same part at different position of model, but it is very difficult and requires more explaination. frown.gif

thanx.

You can save images from 4 viewports simultaneously through screen ->next menu ->to clipboard and press escape for full screen

Open paintbrush(MSPaint) and make Alt+V

Alt+printscreen to capture all the display (with MC menues and so )

Screen->surf. display->shading ->parameters ->chord height ->smaller ammount - better results

Screen->surf. display->solids ->radial display curve angle for circular faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can also set a radial display curve angle for circular faces. The radial display curve angle determines the distance between the radial display lines used to represent the surface of a closed, circular solid such as a cone or a cylinder. Decreasing the angle generates more lines along a circular face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HTH

WTHH

~~~~~~~~~~~`

Choosing the Regenerate option on the Screen menu rebuilds the display list at the current screen scale. The display list is Mastercam’s memory of the points that define your on-screen geometry and is based on the screen scale at the time the geometry is created. Regenerating the display list may improve display speed and performance.

Use the Regenerate option to address the following display problems:

¨ Display speed is slow when using features such as zoom and unzoom.

¨ Geometry appears ragged or some geometry disappears.

1. Choose Main Menu, Screen, Next menu, Regenerate. A dialog box asks whether you wish to rebuild the display list at the current scale.

2. Do either of the following:

¨ Choose Yes to regenerate the display list.

¨ Choose No to repaint, or refresh, the on-screen geometry only, without rebuilding the display list.

Note: You can quickly regenerate the display list by choosing the "brick-wall" button on the second page of the toolbar. (Exact location of button will vary with screen resolution.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HTH

WTHH

~~~~~~~~~~

don't think the client is intelligent enough to do a dynamic zoom in mastercam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are kidding .

I can train anyone to use it as a viewer and I do trained my boss ,totally computer illiterate !

And this is viewer ,it can not save ,no risk to damage file .

Consider it once more and try ,you will not regret .

Welcome to the forum , medaq ! cheers.gif

Nice start .

Hope you ` ll enjoy your time here

Say to them that Mastercam is a cool Paintbrush program that every boss must Know

(from MustOffice package )

Or Use PCanywhere or some other client to show them

on what you are talking while you are on the phone line .

Or if they have Solidworks sent to them parasolid .

If some other sent them Sat or even Iges file .

Much better than raster files

Bosses , "Big People " !

You humans are funny creatures

Or use Microsoft Magnifier for accesabilties problemed people

quote:

Magnifier overview

Magnifier is a display utility that makes the screen more readable for users who have low vision. Magnifier creates a separate window that displays a magnified portion of your screen. Magnifier is intended to provide a minimum level of functionality for users with slight visual impairments.

When using Magnifier, you can:

Change the magnification level

Change the size of the magnification window

Change the position of the magnification window on your desktop

Invert the screen colors

Use a high contrast setting

Magnifier also has a number of tracking options, including:

Following the mouse pointer as it moves on your screen

Following the keyboard focus which centers on the location of the cursor

Following text editing

Open Magnifier.

Notes

To open Magnifier, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click Magnifier.

To open Magnifier using the keyboard, press CTRL+ESC, press R, type magnify, and then press ENTER.

Utility Manager enables users with administrator-level access to check on the status of Magnifier and other Accessibility programs, start or stop a program, and designate to have the program start when Windows 2000 starts.

The Accessibility tools that ship with Windows 2000 are intended to provide a minimum level of functionality for users with special needs. Most users with disabilities will need utility programs with higher functionality for daily use. For a list of Windows-based accessibility utilities, see the Microsoft Accessibility Web site (
).

quote:

Right now I am making 4 or 5 images of same part at different position of model, but it is very difficult and requires more explaination.

thanx.

If you havent tried hypersnap yet, do so. It is very easy to quickly zoom in, hit the hot key to take a picture, and move on for the next. Send your customer the pictures and walla.

A more expensive option is solidworks. Solidworks has nice features like you are asking to share your work. One is 3d instant website. Quickly makes a html page where anyone can log in to where you uploaded it. And spin the model, zoom in and all kinds of other stuff.

The other thing it does. I think it is called edrawings. Basicaly again you can send your file in a few different formats. But what is nice, is you can send the files with a .exe so the end uder you want the file to go to, will just have to double click the file and open it up. They can add notes and limited things. Then send it right back. This engineer I work with amazed me the first time he showed me this. since I didnt know it was available.

With mcam working with solidworks more, maybe some of these little features will migrate into mcam one day..

Jim