Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tradeshow In Chicago

Mct010

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, it's a show like the Edmonton Mall in Canada is a strip mall. (It's the largest mall in the world just in case you didn;t know of it).

Be prepared to be in awe. You can't walk the whole thing in a day, even if you don't stop anywhere.

I very much doubt I will be there. I went 14 years ago and had a great time. What an eye opener it was then. Go, and if you can, take three days. If it is like before you can easily spend that much time wandering the halls.

James,

I take it you have been to West Edmonton Mall? Quite a place.

Phil

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Have not been to the show proper, but while I was with Mori, I went for a week to setup. I walked just 1 hall, took me all my lunches for a week to get through the main Machine tool hall. eek.gif

OMG that place is HUGE!!! eek.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hmmmmm. Don't remember exactly. I know we took cabs from the Hotel to the Hall. Where the flags and water fountains were was the side we were on. We had to go up like 2 flights of an escalator. not sure what side that would be considered.

IMTS is quite large. Was there for the last one and we all are planning on returning this year. There was a thread last week about IMTS.

[EDIT]

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...ic;f=1;t=011634

[/EDIT]

McCormick (sp?) has grown and grown. It takes a min of two days to see everything!

Did you read about TLC is going to have a Junkyard War exhibit where ppl try to build gravity powered machines.

I have a bit of advice if anyone is from Northern Indiana or Southern Michigan and plans to attend IMTS.

Driving to McCormack Place can be a bit of hassle at times. This is a way to reduce it a little bit.

The last time we went (2002), we drove to South Bend Regional airport and took the South Shore Train into Chicago. It took us right to Dearborn Street Station where we caught a cab to McCormack Place.

Train travel time was slightly under 2 hours and cost about $20.

The cab was $7 each way for 2 people, and took about 10 minutes.

On weekends (and during the Auto Show), the train stops at McCormack place. Too bad they don't stop for the IMTS.

I think the last train leaves for South Bend about 8pm.

If we go again this year, we will take the train.

I went 4 years ago it was awsome. We took the train out of south bend it was a little bumpy but not bad. This year it sounds like the boss and 2 other guys from my shop are going including me. I would like to see them give us two days to look around last time we went for a day and it wasn't enough.

going to imts would be the mother of all "tool shows" since i've never been there and from what i hear its big. mmg and I have talked about going but that's as far as we've got. hint hint

james you say you can't walk the whole thing in a day. Now thats big

quote:

The new south building was built 6 years ago and it's over twice as big as the old building. They use both of them now for the show.

There's three buildings. The north building (if I remember right) upstairs houses the fabrication machine tools and the robotic systems. The downstairs has the accessaries, ie bandsaws, tool grinders, coolant...

I went 4 years ago for 2 days and that was not enough time. This year I'm going for 3 days and hope that will be enough time. Somehow we got the company to get us rooms downtown verses the suburbs like last time. It should be a really good time.