Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco VM1

Racer X

Well, gang. I was ready to write the check for the new Haas Mini Mill yesterday. Then at the last minute the guy I was dealing with tacked on a few extra charges. This caused me to look around a little more.

I have been talking with Hurco. Has anyone run one of their VM1's? It seems to be a pretty impressive machine. More capacity than the Mini Mill with a higher speed spindle. More memory, better look ahead. Blah blah blah. Anyway, it is not much more in price. Plus, they will throw in a tooling package that is pretty nice.

As always, any info is appreciated.

Thanks

the vm1 is a fine machine and the software in it is just as good. mastercam will have no problem programming it. set your hurco control from conversational to g-code and it will render even the some of the most complicated 3-D path very quickly and the look ahead is every bit as good as you'll find out there today. for what your looking for it's the better buy.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, show the Hurco quote to the Haas dealer and see what they'll do. Play them against each other and get the best deal for you and your organization.

JM2C

in my experience, the Hurco is a much better machine. more rigid, better built, ect. Their controller on the conversational side is among the best out there, very easy to use. You might find yourself doing simple tasks on the conversational Hurco rather than offline in mastercam, it is that good.

I would get the Hurco.

Moto

You need to get there ISNC software package

to cut complex shapes/surfaces.

Also When you have MC's arc filter going in all planes and a tight cutting tolerence (.0002)etc.

you will get Wild moves thrown in like

a 29.00 full circle (Which is obvious in a

controllers graffic check)and sometimes a

few tiny full circles that you have to really zoom in on to catch.

you can choose not to use mc's arc filter

but then your surface will look all "Disco ball looking" biggrin.gif

I use filter and raise the cut tolerence till the wild moves go away, it doesnt happen that often.

Also I have stalled the vm1 with a 1.250 drill bit

and another guy snapped the Belt!

I have a great post for you too,no problem wink.gif

Feel free to contact me with any questions

Tony

Thanks for all your input. I have them working on a grand total. Looks like I will even be getting a pretty nice discount for paying cash.

Thanks also for the post offer Tony. I am sure I am going to need some help tweaking a bit. And since I am post tweak ignorant, I will probably be picking your brain a bit if and when I do get the machine.

You guys are great! allhail.gif