Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I prey to ask help about posting a nc file

epeng

I've finished all the toolpaths.I posted and tried to get a .nc file, but nothing happend.

No .nc file produced. And there was no any message on the screen.

The post processor file was " MPFAN".

May be something not correct in my configuration file.

I need your help

Thank you very much!!!

epeng.

epeng said

---------------------------------------------

I've finished all the toolpaths.I posted and tried to get a .nc file, but nothing happend.

No .nc file produced. And there was no any message on the screen.

--------------------------------------------

machine operator...are you sure you're grounded?, he said without sarcasm

Epeng !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It still doesn't work by the way you gave me.

Any way thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn not works cause you are not doing it right !

FYI:

1.Demo version also posts programs ,in it`s limitied way .

2.Ask your dealer for a couple of hours meeting

to introduce you to Mastercam

3 RTFM is the must !

From MC help

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Operations Manager allows you to post all or only selected toolpath operations in the current MC9 file. You can also change the NC file extension when you post from Operations Manager.

You can disable posting of selected operations from the Operations Manager. See Disabling posting for more information.

1. Choose Main Menu, Toolpaths, Operations. The Operations Manager dialog box opens.

2. Select the operations you want to post, or choose Select All to post all operations.

3. Choose Post. The Post processing dialog box opens. The active post processor is displayed under Active post. Choose Change Post if you want to change the post processor.

4. Check Save NCI file and/or Save NC file to retain these files following post processing or clear these check boxes to delete the text files after processing.

Note: The binary NCI is always saved and remains with the MC9 file.

5. If you checked Save NCI file and/or Save NC file, do one of the following for both NCI and NC files:

¨ Enable Overwrite to use default file names and replace existing files of the same name without asking.

¨ Enable Ask to enter or select the NCI and/or NC file names.

¨ Check Edit to open the NCI and/or NC files in the default editor before post processing.

6. Change the NC file extension if desired.

Note: If the active post has the sextnc variable set, the .nc extension entry field is disabled.

7. Check Send to machine to send the resulting NC program to the machine tool connected to the Mastercam system immediately after post processing.

8. Choose Comm to review or change communications parameters if desired. (This feature is disabled if you did not check Send to machine.)

9. Choose OK. Depending on the settings you have selected, one or more the following occurs:

¨ If you have checked Save NCI and/or Save NC and Ask, the Specify File Name to Read dialog box opens to allow you to select an NCI and/or NC file to write to. If you have enabled Overwrite NCI and/or Overwrite NC, Mastercam overwrites the file(s) without asking.

¨ If you have checked Edit, the NCI and/or the NC file opens in the default editor. Edit carefully, save the file(s), and close the editor.

10. Mastercam creates a binary NCI file, a text NCI file, an NC program and, if you have enabled the Send to machine post setting, sends the NC program to the machine tool. Unless you have checked Save NCI and/or Save NC, Mastercam deletes the text files after processing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you selected the existing post processor ,

set save nc file and edit ,you have the editor (spec ) and you get no error message than your nc file was created !

You can open it even with a notepad .

You will find it in specified place !

If your NCI file is empty ,size zero bytes ,still

you must get an nc file like I am getting this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N0 T0

N0 M6

N0 M30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Read the help , try to cool yourself ,analyze better what U R doing and make a detailed report of what you make and what you get step by step

RTFM, man

HTH

WTHH

BTW I was too Machinist -operator when I started to program parts .(without permission )

The first thing I did was to read manuals .

The program was Auramill_auracad for Mac and this thing took place 12 years ago .

It took me a couple of nights (I stayed after 12 hours shift )to learn it to make my firat good program .

Once I was caught (I left my job on the screen,forgot to close it) and so I am programming from that moment .

Even the obsolet and simple program as Aura was HAS A LOT OF THINGS YOU MUST LEARN BEFORE START TO MAKE PARTS .

Mastercam is far more complex .

So it is in your own best interests to learn it good ,otherwise scrapping parts or crashing machine - that`s very possible you can be fired !

Why not to take Mastercam basic course before actually start to program parts ?

And read all the books ,and Mastercam help?

And to get demo version to play at home with?

Just my two cents .

Anyway you are very welcome ,that`s only words of caution

HTH

WTHH