Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

free mike

Camdude®

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike Williams is USC's STELLAR Reciever that decided to try to go "Pro" early (two years early) who is now fighting for re-instatement so he can go back to USC until he's eligible for the NFL Draft. He's not in jail or anything he's just in the prison of limbo, not knowing weather the NCAA will re-instate him or not. Should hear sometime this week or next.

Does that answer your question adequately? biggrin.gif

One of the most exciting athletes to come around in years, if I may say so.

I think the NFL should give him an exemption. And if not of well.

I don't however believe he should be re-instated. He did hire an agent and if we let one person do it, everyone will try to get away with it.

Really now James, if it was say, a player from Arizona or UW that pulled something like that, wouldn't you say "Tough luck!"? It is his fault, if he's willing to take the risk and not get drafted or make it as a walk on, he should have to suffer for his decision.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually ,if their circumstances were exactly the same, then I'd say let them in no matter what school, 'cept maybe UCLA or ND biggrin.gif j/k. He was under the impression from some people in the NFL that he and Maurice "I'm an out of shape bone head trying to fight my way into one of the toughest sports on the planet" Clorett woudl be eligible for the draft. Bad advice. Everybody now knows that rule is set in stone.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Depends on how you define "hire". Don't mean to sound like Bill Clinton or anything. biggrin.gif According to the NCAA's definition of "hiring an agent" he did not. He did not sign a contract with his agent which is the ONLY reason they are even contemplating allowing him to return. What is taking the time is they are evaluating his Academic Record. We all know that the NCAA is all about academics. rolleyes.gif See, when he declared himself eligible for the draft, he did not continue with school. Essentially he did not attend class for the Spring Semester, which by NCAA rules makes him ineligible. He enrolled in 2 classes for 8 units this suummer so the NCAA is looking at that and how well he did. That's why it's taking so long. We should hear this week or next. If he's let back in, look for him to be on the field in the 3rd to 4th week unless he gets reinstated this week, he'll likely only miss week 1. Funny thing about SC is they are so deep in all their positions that he'll have to fight for a spot and there's some HUNGRY kids there at reciever.