Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining text???

Fralex_francois

Franck,

I looked at your file on the FTP site.

Do NOT use 2D Chamfer. Even though compensation is turned off, this toolpath is compensated.

To outline your letters:

I changed it to 2D and used a taper Mill with .0001 tip (instead of chamfer Mill) and it worked great.

To fill-in your letters:

You can also use the pocket toolpath with parallel spiral (inside to outside) with .002 step over. This worked great too.

HTH

Frank,

"parce que le jour j'ai un autre emploi"

Making a little on the side eh? Good going.

If you look at what Brendan did up above you will see that visually some letters could use some shifting. For example the "a" in Fralex could be shifted to the left a bit as well as the "ex" also in fralex. This is common, due to where the control point is set for each letter. Some letters just dont look too good side be side.

I am saying this just so you are aware of the issue. I would sugest you take the time to xform the letters to make the engraving appealing to your eye.

Phil

when I will do it with my 1/16 ball nose, will it do the job nice or it will exceed the limit of the letter.

Btw phone number was posted on an another post and this part is to give to customer, it's key chain (not sure for the term in english)

thanks all for the patient and for the time spent on this i'll check that tonight biggrin.gif

Frank,

I was born and raised in Magog. I have my three kids in french emersion at school.

Also for crisper lettering we use 30 deg carbide engraving tools so we can get into tight corners with the engraving. Using small center drills work well too.

Phil