Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Whilst I have experience with UG LAthe, there is a local user here, who uses UG lathe. When he saw what MAstercam was like, all he said was *sigh...why didn't my boss buy that..." He pushed to get Mastercam, but his boss said one system was enough. I guess UG althe wasn't all that good, at least in his eyes smile.gif

Just my two cents worth smile.gif

Yes, the learning curve is pretty steep with UG. I was pretty much self taught with it (pretty poor training from the supplier) but I always felt like I could have got far more out of the software than what I did

BTW, in my previous reply, it should of read "Whilst I have NO experience with UG lathe"

Cheers

Gail,

I have been useing UG cam for the last year after 10 years of Mastercam. I agree that the learning curve is quite steep and there is also a mix of new and old menus that take some getting used to. I was lucky enough to receive training from the suppliers which took most of the heartache out of the change. I would not say that one system is better than the other just that these two are different and require a different method of thinking.

Good Luck