Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS / named views on a Horizontal mill

OK,

I tried to add in the side ops and I still have the same results as in the beginning. To get it to work you must go into the T/C plane Box and re-select everything on every op. IOW, make a bunch of mouse clicks for nothing on every op that you program. As you are saying Mayday it will work in some cases but may not be worth it for most.

Anyhow I am signing off of this issue for today.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

I have found that if you move the part around that MC verify does not work so good. You then have to xform your stl file, and in most cases you get the wonderful LW has found the model to be not watertight error. I was not a fan of the WCS initially, now I think it's great. In V8 I used to rotate the part for each operation at which point I would have to utilize the STL xform (which worked well in V8). I program almost exclusively for the Mori horizontal in our shop and I always program to part origin. I have had no occasion as of yet to program around centerline. We have a macro in our Mori that calculates to centerline..We probe our location insert it in our G10 line and voila..We are on our way..BTW I worked for your company (ME) from 84-86..

Hope this makes sense.. smile.gif

Russell,

I fully agree with what you are saying. Thanks

Anyhow..

quote:

We have a macro in our Mori that calculates to centerline..We probe our location insert it in our G10 line and voila.

Are you using multiple work offsetts? My associate over here is in the process of writing a macro also. I still can't find the advantage of this though. I must learn more about it. Back when I wasn't using Mastercam I could, but now all I do is place the part in Mastercam / machine space and then go to my view manager and do a Right Click > doc file. These are my work offsetts for the G-10 file. We have our machines set up so that X0 Z0 is roation C/L and top of the pallet is Y0. Is is easier than this? The only issue is when the part is not in the same spot, this is where a macro may come in handy.

Thanks,

Mike

quote:

My associate over here is in the process of writing a macro also. I still can't find the advantage of this though.

I do this all the time. By doing this you need only to find one X,Y,Z,B offset per part then let the macro find the new offsets as you index the parts. The most I've done is 64 parts per pallet.

(128 total) That's a lot of macro though. If you use the standard offsets (1 thru 48 for me) it isn't that bad.

let's say you're drill a 30 degree hole. The way I do it is in a block I'll write initialize a macro to 30 (N1150#550=30), then the macro finds the X,Z distance between the pallet centerline and part zero, creates the angle and angle length, rotates it 30 degrees, then recalculate the new X,Z coordinates and puts those numbers in G59 work offset. This works with negative angles also.

OK Guys,

I put a sample of what I was trying to do in the MC9 files directory. The file is called: "WCS test for Horizontal mill From Michael Whitten.mc9"

Jay, I am still having the problem where you have to re-select the T/C plane every time for the op.

?

Thanks Everyone.

Mike