Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CHAINING?

Threept82

Hi Guys.

Is there any way for me to analyze a specific

chain and have MasterCam tell me all tools that

are used with that chain? I've got a finished

operation with 22 tools.

Now the customer calls and says the print doesn’t

match the model, make parts to print. So I need to manipulate

I don't know how to analyze it and tell that. You could delete, then undelete the chain. That'll dirty up all the operations, and indicate which tools, use that chain.

Doh!! You beat me to it....

You're pretty quick for a bear, Winnie!!

THREEPT82,

Another solution would be to XForm-Stretch-Move the geometry that needs to be manipulated and simply regenerate any toolpaths that are dirty. That's what toolpath associativity is for. Deleting the chain is one way to find out all the toolpaths that are associative to the chain. Another way is to XForm-Offset-Move or XForm-Translate-Move the entities that need modification and trim them together to keep the contour closed. Than regenerate the dirty ops. That's why I like Stretch. Because it does the same thing as Translate but without the added Trim step needed. HTH cheers.gif

Marc,

Great tip! I had forgotten about that little right-click option. Sometimes we do things one-way so often we forget there are other ways to do them. biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right click in your operations manager, select options, then select by geometry. It will select all operations that use the geometry you picked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Correction :

First of all save your file by other name !!!

This method also has it`s drawback -You can not restore the previous order ,it means ,that if you had operations not in creation order ,IOW ,you moved ,copied them and so on ,you can not restore operations order after that action .

I prefer my way ,I preserv order of operations ,at least .

Also if you used parts of a chain in other operations ,it will disturb you more .

I love simple ways -delete and rechain ,or change your geometry and regenerate .

But I mostly never need it ,cause I prefer separete levels for geometry ,Like contour out ,contour in and so on .

I never have such a problem .

This is called self -discipline ,saves a lot of headache

Teh import level names

Bottom line is there's usually several different ways to do things. Try each one and see which works best for you. Maybe different ways work better in different situations.

With associativity you can sometimes just change your geometry to what is correct, regen the dirty operations and you're set.

Every work has it`s owm specific .

I make molds ,that means no right for mistake

I prefer simple but effective ways

separate draawing to different levels dedicated to specific geometry ,different entity attributes for every type of geometry ,custom

level names imported from the file and more

Like to color surfaces different colors drive and check surfaces and select them by color .

Masking aND SO ON .

If it would be my case I never will have a doubt where geometry is and where it used ,after 10 seconds looking on levels names .

HTH

WTHH