Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

demo cd

Tim Johnson

Tim, you can use notepad or word. Your just limited to the tools you can use such as the file editors would have. If your really desperate, just open up two files (one the original and the other your new temporary) tile them side by side and start copy and pasting or changing what you need. If I remember right, I believe you can get one of the file editors free to take home and still use. You should be able to get it off the web.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Tim,

I've just tried posting with Demo - if you create your own toolapaths, then there appears to be a 25 line limit. But you can post one of the sample files that come with the demo, you can get longer programs, but there is still lots of funny business going on! There are no decimal places coming out at all, for example

Like Steve said, I agree that it's just messing with the XYZ values. *As far as I can see* it will put out the correct control codes (I don't see how it could do anything else). But for the final word you had better check with CNC.

I couldn't even get our demo to post. I can't change posts. If I try, I get an error about seeing my dealer.

I guess the answer would be no. While you can edit your post with any text editor (as others have mentioned), you can't test it with demo. This would make editing impractical...make a change at home, try it the next day at work...make another change at home, try it the next day at work... frown.gif

Thad

Thad/Tim,

Oh yes, I forgot...

You are correct - you can't change the post, so

what you would have to do is rename your post to MPFAN.PST and stick it into the DEMO/MILL/POSTS folder to get it to work.

I've just done that with a Heidenhain conversational post. The file is still truncated, but the right codes all seem to be there.

If you have already installed a full Version of 9 on your sytstem, you may find that the Demo is using the MPFAN from that directory instead, so that is where you would have to put your own post (ow my head hurts)

So yes it's a bit of a hack, but if you're determined enough... biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In the past while I was a reseller, more than a few of my old customers had PC's out at the machines loaded with Demo. The setup guys were able to open files so they could look at the toolpaths before running them. There may be some signifigant changes in files from 9.1 to 9 Demo.

See if CNC Has a newer Demo. You can build tool libraries and material libraries in Demo. Between Draft and Demo, I was able to completely set up my tool library. I'd try renaming your post and approaching it that way.

HTH

I think that Tim's whole point of using Demo is to be able to test his post mods at home. Unless his mods show up in the first 25 lines, it's not going to do him any good.

EDIT: Although, you could test it with a one line contour toolpath, or a drilling op for one hole, etc.

Thad

If I get 25 lines per toolpath operation it sounds like I should be able to use the demo. If I get 25 lines per tool I Won't be able to. The main thing I need is to read manual macro input which is mostly in three areas (pheader, tlchng_com, and peof) but reading through postblocks in these areas. The toolpath numbers themselves is irrelevant.