Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

file merging

foolsh

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No Merging only brings in geometry.

Your best bet would be to go to Job Setup and select "Import", and click the "Import From" button, select your file, check the "Import Operations with their geometry" check box, select the WCS/T/C Planes, Tools and all the operations you want to merge, then click the Import Button. If there are duplicate tools you will get a warning. You can either add it or not, it will prompt i fyou want to import the operation groups as well.If there are Work Coordinate conflicts, it will reassign new ones.

HTH

foolsh,

If you want to merge nc files from the same MC9 file, just select the ops that you want together and post them.

If you want to merge nc files from different MC9 files, you'll have to do some manual editing, AFAIK.

Thad

Ok, here's a couple of screenies..

ncm1.jpg

ncm2.jpg

I set it up to work with a file transfer program I made, so you could send it directly from the merge program. That's why the file it creates is a generic name. Since I'm going to prolly give this away, I added an option to resave the file as a name specified by you. It also has a toggle to auto-number the programs, in case there are multiple programs with the same number as shown above.

Visual Basic is a real handy tool when doing things like this.. I program one part let VB ...not VBS do all the footwork... make multi's.. html setup sheets , load tool routines... send email to the operators to bag the nc code... I do use DoBitmapfile out of vbs.. but the rest is so much easier to control< less code> in true vb

sylvester, I have a ton of apps I've made to help me. Here's a short list of the most common ones

[*]SComm: File transfer program

[*]M98 Px: Read an NC file and modify to run subs of multi parts

[*]G94 Dx: Creates canned shapes, (subs) for Boston Digital

[*]Menglish: Metric to English converter, (small window sits in corner)

[*]Tap Drill Calc: Calculates hole size or percentage of thread

[*]Calc: Bunch of machinist related functions

[*]NC Merge: Combine NC files for easy transfer

[*]MS Access Setup Sheet: Uses VBA and a custom post to create setup sheets

[*]MS Access Quote Sheet: Uses VBA to do bids on jobs

[*]Farkle: Dice game (oops, did I say game?)

[*]Any Folder: Copy/Move/Shortcut any file anywhere local from right click menu

[*]Strip Comments: Removes all comments from NC files

VB is meh friend. biggrin.gif

Rekd,

Totally agree.. done some of the same routines

VBS is okay but is really only a subset... why run on 4 cylinders when u can use 8.

Plus Mcam doesn't have to be running and hey most of the nccode tweaking works on our Pro/E files too

and if it doesn't you can just tweak your source a little

once it's posted...it don't matter...and then the operators can run your exe files and not have to get into the mc9 files

Seems I sent some source to ya once... have you check out instrRev... it's kind of cool works backwards... great for getting rid of extensions