Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Configuration??????????????

Bruce Caulley

I have been trying to clean up all of the configs used here and have come up against a problem. In c drive there are folders mcam9 and mcam91. We are running the new september update and I have changed all of the paths to folders under the mcam91 folder and renamed the mcam9 folder to old. Now when I attemp to open MC I get an error stating that c:mcam91tempdb.obf cannot be found. There is no such folder or file anywhere. If I rename old back to mcam9 it will work, but I need to try and standardise the 3 pc in the cam office.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce !

not db.obf but db.ovf

In screen->configure ->files->data pathes ->temporary files specify the right path to your temporary folder

by default commontemp

Take note :for multyusers and multysessions the best thing to specify to every user his own temporary folder

HTH

[ 10-26-2004, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Bunny McRabbit ]

I run into this alot. I have my customers do the following:

Uninstall the previous Version 9 Release

Rename the Mcam9 folder to Mcam9old. This way you still have access to any files left in the folder

Go ahead and install the new release and let it default to the new Mcam9 folder.

The uninstall will only clear the registry, it will not delete the folder.