Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post help, fadal2 with 4th

DaveR

I got an indexing verify and backplot to look right, but when I go to post it I see the inital a axis at 0 degrees, but with the toolpaths on the other faces I do not see the a axis rotating anywhere in the post. I figure it must be a post issue as the backplat has the tool working on my top and front plane.

I'm using the standard MPFADAL2 post with q 164 set to yes (turns on the rotary 4th). I don't know what else to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did talk to the reseller, he wans't interested in giving me the MP master post for Fadal, wonder why?

He did help me adjust the MPFadal2 post via e-mail after a few days and it looks like I got things working.

I'm wondering why no one was interested in helping me with this post issue? Posted 11/02/04 and waited for an answer....

I realize that I haven't contributed anything yet to the forum but hell I just started, same as all of you some time in the past.

How hard would it be to say turn on this switch and turn that one off. There you go. What's the point of the forum if I get "talk to your reseller" as an answer?

I've been on two other CAD/CAM forums and it seems that on those (Solidworks, Onecnc) the info flows a little more freely.

Dave,

one of the problems with post questions is that everyones posts are different. That is why a lot of guys here recommend starting with one of the MPMASTER versions. It is because they know it and can help. Myself, I like starting with the stock MPFAN post. I've used it a million times and have done about anything you can think of starting with that.

As for other forums, you'll find that they have very little end user participation and the threads don't get lost. This forum has hundreds of new threads a week and sometimes they got lost.

If you need help and don't get it right away, just 'bump' the thread back up.

Hey Dave, don't get your panties in a bunch. Before you continue to knock the forum, maybe you should read the replies to your previous questions. All of which have been addressed and fairly thoroughly discussed in a pretty damn timely manner.

Why hasn't anyone helped you on this one yet? Maybe they're waiting on their emastercam paycheck to come in the mail. Perhaps Veteran's day has the mail a little behind. rolleyes.gif Oh wait...that's right, we don't get paid to 'work' the forum. So sit tight and perhaps someone who you haven't pissed off already will be willing to share some info with you. smile.gif

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

Why would someone get pissed off because I asked a question?

Look I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm asking what the hang up is about answering questions about post modification, I can not be the only one using a Fadal here, after I talked to the reseller I found out it was two numbers I needed to type in, took all of 5 seconds to fix. Took two days to get the answer though.

Why the "talk to the reseller" replies? That's pretty much a "go away, boy" response no?

I noticed that the other q's I asked got answered in like 3 seconds, this one I get the "talk to your reseller" reply.

Is there some issue with post help or is it just bad luck my q got rolled over?

I mean if were not supposed to ask about post modification for some reason just say so, I'll just contact my reseller any time that subject comes up.

Again I'm not being nasty here, this forum is the only help I've got (besides my books and of course...my reseller). So don't anyone get all offended by the question. OK?

Alright, makes sense.

Do I have to buy this post?

I asked my reseller about it by E-mail and he just sent me instructions on how to modify the MPFadal2 post. Sort of ignored the question or did not see it I guess.

I'll re-email him, see what he says.

quote:

Why would someone get pissed off because I asked a question?

I don't think ANYONE would get pissed off by you simply asking a question. We're all here to help and be helped. I was merely pointing out that your "gimme gimme gimme" attitude *may* turn off some of your potential helpers.

quote:

Look I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm asking what the hang up is about answering questions about post modification,

I don't think there are any hang ups. You just have to be patient until someone comes along who can answer your question. Not everyone here is a Fadal, format 2, 4th axis, post editing guru.

quote:

I can not be the only one using a Fadal here,

You're right, you're not. I run 4 of them...just not in format 2 or with a 4th axis. smile.gif

quote:

after I talked to the reseller I found out it was two numbers I needed to type in, took all of 5 seconds to fix. Took two days to get the answer though.

[sarcasm] Next time I'll try to get the world to stop until you get your machine back online. [/sarcasm] C'mon Dave, your reseller has hundreds, if not thousands of customers. Be patient.

quote:

Why the "talk to the reseller" replies? That's pretty much a "go away, boy" response no?

No.

quote:

I noticed that the other q's I asked got answered in like 3 seconds, this one I get the "talk to your reseller" reply.

Patience my friend, patience. wink.gif

quote:

Is there some issue with post help or is it just bad luck my q got rolled over?

I mean if were not supposed to ask about post modification for some reason just say so, I'll just contact my reseller any time that subject comes up.

There's nothing wrong with post modification questions. If you want to see heads roll, try asking for a post. biggrin.gif

quote:

Again I'm not being nasty here, this forum is the only help I've got (besides my books and of course...my reseller). So don't anyone get all offended by the question. OK?

In case you took it that way, I'm not trying to be nasty either. Notice the smiley. Just offering some advice to a newer forum member, that's all. Ask your question and most will be answered VERY quickly. If it doesn't, maybe the right person hasn't seen it yet. Maybe they're off that day or just very busy. As Steve said, bump it up or continue replying if you haven't received a satisfactory reply. You'll see that you won't find a more helpful bunch than you have right here. Period!

It's all good Dave. Hang in there, buddy. wink.gif

Thad

Dave, check yer mail.

It's easy to get a little geeked up when you have a problem. When you have a problem, in your world, that is the only thing that matters. Been there, done that.

Believe me, there is nothing better than being able to give back to the group that gave so much to you. Well....maybe *one* thing. biggrin.gif

Thad