Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

convert mc9 to ???

Fralex_francois

quote:

.DWG does not support solids or surfaces.

I don't know too much about this, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I just completed an Intro to Autocad class and we created some solids in Autocad 2004. They were saved as .dwg.

Rob, when you say they don't support solids or surfaces, do you mean that the limitation is that the translator can't write them?

Thad teh doesn't know much about Autocad

quote:

DWG does not support solids or surfaces.

Don't agree with you much robk. As per my knowledge you can send surface and solid entities in dwg format from mastercam. THey are taken as solid and surfaces of autocad.Also you can read autocad solid and surface in mastercam. CMIIW

As far as illustrator is concern fralex convert your file to dxf through autodesk converter. Adobe illustrator is capable of reading dxf.

But if you just want to put the objects displayed in mastercam screen as it is to illustrator then do a "print screen" and directly paste in illustrator.

HTH