Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc CBT button

g huns

What is the purpose of the CBT on my Fanuc 16m control? I've never learned the control as good as I should, just write toolpaths send to data server and cut. I have a new guy starting to set-up and run the machine cause I'm swamped with paths to write and the darn thing cuts to fast. He had the machine come to an abrupt halt this morning and didn't know why. The main power switch was on trip and when we started it back up the CBT light was on.

quote:

Is this an option that can be set at control or an option that Fanuc has to turn on?

On Fanuc it's "M20" code for automatic power shut off. Check your manuals first to make sure.

Some machines have a little switch called power interception switch (I think) right next to a main switch, then when tripped will shot down a machine after getting to M30.

Regards, Mark

The reason I asked is that we build our own routers but also run a production shop with some of them. Our EE that writes the logic won't tell us all that they will do and sometimes I sneak in and enable a bit here and there where I know how to make some things work. We don't have a CBT button of any kind on our machines but IF I could turn on a parameter that would activate it that would be sweet. Time to start digging in the Jinglish Manual. Nothing comes up under CBT or Circuit board Trip on an initial search though.

The M20 is not fanuc, but unique to this particular machine tool builder. I have written logic that if you flip a switch and the machine is not active after a certain time period the control will be turned off.

Please be careful M codes are not written by Fanuc, but by the machine tool builder. I could very easily have M777 be the code to start the spindle instead of the industry standard M03

rgds

George