Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAINTENANCE

DavidB

We joined on the maintenance program pretty much when it first started. We were talked into it with the promise of recieving Mastercam X for free when it came out. Since then we've had to renew our maintenance contract. I guess it's been a year? We paid a whole year of maintenance for a couple of "point" releases.

Still waiting for "X", and can't even get a screenshot of what it'll be like.

Hang in there. It'll probably be a while.

Paul

No apology necessary to me as I'm not big on reseller protection or CNC Software rump smooching. If they do right [which S4A and CNC Software have typically done by us] then I will happily give them kudos for their performance; if they don't they deserve to get whacked, in my opinion.

C

quote:

Sorry to all for the post. I should know better than to whine on the forum

come on Paul,thats the American way wink.gif

just think if MC followed suit behind Solidworks and Autocad and named the new version Mastercam 2004, no wait Mastercam 2005, look at the cost of all those shiping boxes and cd labels eek.gif

I know what Mastercam X looks like. I was just trying to make a point at the time. I was upset about the fact that everything with Mastercam X is such a secret, and it's taking so long to produce it. The biggest new thing is the interface, and i'm glad it has been addressed. Kudos Mastercam. Buckle up...drag and drop toolbars.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the fact that they have no problem talking about it, then showing it off to the public, yet still treating it as a secret...here...on the forum that is filled with legit users. I know this was addressed in a previous thread.

I was so curious, I downloaded beta 3 just to see what was going on. I wasn't planning on using it, but just so curious that I couldn't stand it. Had there been a "sneak peek" I wouldn't have done that. I wouldn't have seen 1/100th of what I saw. I'm sure i'm not the only one that has done this.

I must say that it looks nice. I can't wait to use it.

Paul

I got the ok to order Maintenance as we were promised MC X.

My boss just came back from a big trade show in the US and he saw MC X said it looked completely diiferent.

I have a question,with MC X will training be needed to learn the new interface and new function and will your reseller do this as part of Maintenance and a new release, or will it be try , learn and use this Forum?

cheers.gifcheers.gif

What's to explain? I'm not saying that I am using it. I don't think that would be a good idea as it's a beta. I'm not talking about it either. I'm just stating that i've seen it.

You all know it's out there. Do a google search for "mastercam x" and it will come up around fifth. No secret.

I use a legal seat of mastercam 9.1, along with the maintenance program. Mastercam X will be free to me in full version when it's available. I've been using Mastercam for about 12 years now. Since version 3.

You don't need to be thinking I made a mistake and slipped that I've seen the beta.

Paul