Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slowing tool down in corners question

cadmonster66

the only problem i have with the arc option is that i have a 1/2 inch dia endmill going into 1/2radius so it is just straight moves no arcs . Hey Cad when i have that window open for change at point if i click on the first point going into the corner it changes the feed for the whole line leading to the corner and if a click on the point after the radius it changes the feed for the whole line coming off. what is with the check box am i suppose to check them

thx

john

quote:

Hey Cad when i have that window open for change at point if i click on the first point going into the corner it changes the feed for the whole line leading to the corner and if a click on the point after the radius it changes the feed for the whole line coming off

Break the line by some length so you can change at that point then break the other line past the radius at length and change at point. Awesome tool because you can change feed and speed at each given point.

quote:

the only problem i have with the arc option is that i have a 1/2 inch dia endmill going into 1/2radius so it is just straight moves no arcs .

John,

I'm not trying to bust your ß@LL§ or anything, but that's not good machining practice. You're better off going in with a smaller tool so it will swing a radius. Or modify your radius to .280. Just some friendly advice...

Thad

quote:

Yes it does. But if you read all of John's posts, you'll see that he typed it wrong.

I know what he ment I was having a little fun. If he actually did have 1/2" endmill and 1/2" radius fillets in the corners he could use the slow down arc feeds. I also agree that you should always let the path make the radius and never the tool, unless quality and size of the corner doesn't matter that much.

Yeap sorry guys my bad typed it in wrong lolololol. Well cann't blame me for tooling smile.gif ,all i get is a job packet and a box of tools. Boss is always right he orders the tools. Wish i could have drilled the corners out window is already roughed out by waterjet. Guy left just way to much and not enough mad.gif :mad:Good old stainless steel job too and boss wants to break speed records tongue.giftongue.gif 12x12 part 20 tapped holes and lots to mill .WHATTTTTTT PART TAKES AN HOUR WE NEED TO GO FASTER tongue.giftongue.gif well you guys have good holiday i'm out of here

thx

John