Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

verify trick?

Bruce Caulley

I don't know if this is a common work around for those of us doing 5 axis work but do not have 5 axis verify.

Run a verify and save as stl.

file>converters>stl>xform

Set triangles to 0 and then just dynamic pan and zoom in on the part. Escape without actually doing anything.

I used this method on a 5 axis aerospace part today as the last new similar part I did was scrapped because of a missed drill size.

I t is a bit rough but it lets you see if you have missed any features or have a drill hole the wrong size. We are getting vericut soon but I hope this helps someone without the cash for that option.

Bruce

Try this:

Save as an STL and then do an overlay in Rhino Eval. Put the actual model on layer 01(color red) and the saved stl(as machined) on the default layer. When there are coincident faces, you will notice a "pixel share". This also does not fix the problem but is free and has definitely saved my butt many times.

Mike

I think I just discovered a bug in Verify. Ever have your .stl crash MC when you select the file while in verify ? This has been happening to me once in while. I finaly discovered a pattern in the way I Verify which may be causing this. After verifying I sometimes dynamicaly rotate the resultant model or zoom in to examine features for errors, Then I save as .stl. The next time I try to use the same .stl for verifying succeeding operations MC will crash. Now I just save as soon as the verification is done then examine afterwards. So far no more problems. Fingers crossed.