Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Repeat an operation without restarting

danfec

I have an operation that I have to repeat on many piece, just a simple pocket that's going to take a couple seconds only, I don't want my tool holder to go "home" every time, I just want it to retract so I can replace the piece by another one and push start again and again...I know it can be done but I don't know how ?? Thanks for your precious help.

quote:

I'd recommend using a G90 M00, never really know whats next.

The beginning of the current program is next if a branch to another program is not stated.

The % or the "end of record" symbol is not even required since the loop will shoot to the top of the current program. I stated % as the last line since many readers require a stop code otherwise the seek would remain active for more.

I have done this for many years for the simple fact that I do not want tool changed etc! I only want the fastest turn around time in a production situation - this method assures it for me.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

Something like this would start with program 1000

Would go into position, call tool height, call up sub program re position its self. end its pocket rehome the y axis. Turn off the coolant and wait for the operator to change the part. Hit cycle start recall the g54 and go back to work.

You will need to fit it to your machine but you should be able to get the idea.

Jim

:01000

T1M6

G0G54X0Y0Z.1S8000M3

G43G1Z.1

M98P1001L1000

G0G91G28Z0.

G91G28X0.Y0.

M30

:1001

S8000M3

G0G54X0Y0G90

M8

G1Z-.1

X1.0

Y-1.0

X0.

Y0.

G0Z.1

M9

M5

G91G28Y0.

M0(CHANGE PART)

M99

I just tried a manual entry after my toolpath

m790

goto n109

What it's doing : the spindle is still on but my router goes home, what I want is that it goes back to the first operation but not all the way home. And if I push start I receive an error message... I think it's just because my goto is not refering to the good line ...what do you think ?