Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sitting hear in surfcam class

Gary

Having to take the colleges surfcam class for my degree. As i go through my assignment i can only tell you how much i love mc. So far tonight i cannot get surfcam to pocket any other way than spiral if pocket has an island. Also there is no way i can see to pick a neg rapid depth for a drill and still get it above my island for the next hole. No clearance option. so i have to cut air for an inch to drill the f#$% holes. Man I didn't no how good i have it with mc till now. cheers.gif to mc

Taking Surfcam to further your degree does fit up so well with industry standards around here. If Surfcam was offered at our local community colleges then I would also take it as an interest course only – funny thing is, that to the best of my knowledge, no community colleges offer this on southern Ontario.

Have fun anyways. wink.gif

Regards, Jack

Yep should take 10 min to program and i've been here almost 1.5hr. I gave up on trying to be effient with the program and have switched over to get it done mode so its going better now. Its tuff when no one in class including the instructor does this for a living. He don't no understand why i would want to cut it a certain way. The control mc has over tooling pathing far surpasses this crap.

just my 2c

• 11 months later...

Well I have a custom post and I have no idea how to get it to be the active post in surfcam. Not sure which files to put where. The computer was set up and running when I took the job and it has since crashed so now I have to get it set up on a new computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I sure do miss using MasterCam.

quote:

any one out there using surfcam? I have had to change to it from mastercam and would like to ask a question?

There are a lot of ex Surfcam users here. It's been about a year or so but there were a string of Surfcam discussions here it the past. Maybe someone will jump in when the work week starts.

Thad