Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inverted part?

Threept82

Hi Guys,

Here is a question for my mold making brethren.

I machined the first operation of a model, (an oval pocket) next I wish to flip part and

time/locate by the pocket. I remember seeing (I think)something in MC that I can invert my pocket

to machine the fixture. In this case it is easy

enough to just machine a bung but I was curious to

know about that feature. Thanks biggrin.gif

Well you need soilds. If it is a surface then you need to takw the negative or surfaces you want for the pocekt and use them to create the area you are looking for. If you have solids then you will need to have a dummy body that you can work with. What I mewan by dummy is soemthing you can throw in the trash. Make the base then put the body of the part on the base then do a soild/boollen/ remove. Select the first body as the one ot keep the second body as the one to take away.

HTH

THREEPT82,

quote:

boolean operation? Yes I belive so, is it a pain in the neck?

It actually seems harder than it is. With the Solids module in Mcam, performing a Boolean operation is really pretty simple. You just have to read the prompts very well as you do it. robk's suggestion is a good one too. Or you could attend our Solids training class we have at the beginning of March. The dates for that class are 3/3-3/4. We have room for one or two more students if you're interested. biggrin.gif

THREEPT82,

quote:

I'll attend solids training when Dive season is

back.

Don't you have a dry suit? Or is there a season like hunting season and you can't go out because of the regs? This would be the best time to learn, when you won't be distracted by anything else. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Also, you'd be able to spend more time diving if you went directly after work or during a day off. Rather than coming to class and then going diving afterwards. biggrin.gif

THREEPT82,

quote:

Dry suit - $1800.00

Staying warm - priceless

I hear that. wink.gif No comment on the training with Solids now so you can have more time to dive later? biggrin.gif

BTW, I think you should consider the diver down flag as your avatar. No doubt some here would confuse it with the jacket cover on an early Van Halen album. biggrin.gif