Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need help with toolpaths

itsme

I am a student at a technical highschool, i have been working on cnc machines only for a little while. Im having a problem creating a toolpath for my part, i was wondering if anyone could help me... the program is in the ftp under the mc9 file, the name of the file is "steering-wheel"

-Thank You-

I downloaded the file (it was in the root dir not mc9 folder bonk.gif )

Are you planning to make this out of 1 piece of matl? If so then a surface rough pocket would be in order, first, I'd face off your top view then put the holes in. Then flip it over, machine down (bore a hole) to the flat face, flip it back over then surface rough pocket down to the center of the 1" dia outside profile, then try a few finish machining ops flip it over again and surface rough pocket to remove the inside matl surface finish ops again and you should be there.

The best approach would be to make this out of two pieces, make the center ring flat and have it bent, cut the tubing to length and have it formed, weld the two, done.

Nice model.

Allan