Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Cycle Time Versus Machine Cycle Time

I personaly dont think mastercam can get it right. Since mastercam does not know your tool lengths and what z travel down time is. It only knows the actual program cutting time, and that one is a little funny sometimes to. There are other factors it can not compensate. Accel and deaccel. Mastercam invisions 10g machines smile.gif

Jim

One cause...

Slide driver voltages will drift over time and need to be adjusted in order to maintain proper IPM.

Another I have found....

If you are using helix entry and are outputting lines instead of helix, the time will not be right.

I run 18 hr programs and Mastercam computes cycletimes within a couple min.

I set the rapids to a given IPM in my post so it knows.....

I take Mastercam time and add 30sec. That gets me suprisingly close on cycle times similar to yours.

Most of your difference is probably from tool changes. Measure your tool change time and put it in the post like chris suggested. It will make a world of difference.

This may be stating the obvious, but make sure feedrates are not edited on the floor and the feed override is at 100%.

HTH

If your machine has a rapid rate of 1000 ipm and your moving .750 between holes, your machine will never hit the 1000ipm.

If your drill is pecking up and down, same thing. Lots of motion never hitting Max rapid rate.

If you try to moxe X 10" Y5" and Z2", your machine will adjust (lower) the rapid rate so all 3 axes hit the target at the same time. Because if all 3 were moving at 1000ipm the Z would reach target first, the Y second and the X last. It would not be a straight line.

All of these are small, but they add up with lots of holes, lots of rapids and lots of toolchanges.

Mike Mattera