Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Support/Resources

Gus

New to the CNC world, my company has just purchased a new Hass VF4 milling station,and myself being one of a few computer gurus here,have the task of learning and operating this system as well showing an old school machinist the ropes as I learn them. We also purchased Mill L1, to get us going.

What I'm looking for is information and available resources that are at my disposal being a licensed user either on the net or elseware, that would benefit us and greatly reduce our learning curve.

I'm registered in a 4 day Mill L1 course starting next week, but any addition information would be greatly welcomed. Feel free to browse our web site "www.dwightcrane.com

thanks Gus B.

The 4 day training is a great start, then just go throught the forum and read..read..read. There is a lot to learn here, I learn something everyday here just be reading other peoples questions. It may not be something I need right away, but I keep it in the back of my mind for future reference.

Welcome to the forum cheers.gif

Gus,

Have a look at the training manuals that in-house has for sale on this site. resources They can also get you some books that an forum member puts out called Mastercam handbook volumns 1, 2, 3. At this point you will probably be good with vol 1. Another member puts out some cd's with step by step instructions that a number of guys have said are great. Maybe Paul can let you know more about these.

Be aware that we expect top see mastercam X coming out real soon so factor this into your purchases regarding manuals for v9. It is possible that some guys in here might want to sell their v9 training books. Ask and ye might find.

Welcome to the forum.

Phil

Welcome the the Forum Gus

cheers.gif

After your 4 day training class, which is a great start. You will find this place and a great many of the people involved, a priceless resource. If you have a question or a problem do a search, you'll likely find it has already been asked. If not fire away. I am sure you will find the answers you need among this wonderful resource called emastercam.com.

JM2C

Welcome Gus! cheers.gif

So you bought a Haas, huh? Sorry to hear that. biggrin.gif j/k

This is the place for Mastercam help, machining questions, your daily dose of humor, and anything else that you need to get you through the day. If you have questions on anything (and I mean ANYTHING) not machining related, ask in the off topic forum. There's a well rounded bunch here that can offer advice on just about anything. Browse the off topic forum to see what I mean.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how trivial you may think they are. We like to help, that's why we're here. wink.gif

Thad

Hey Gus, welcome to the forum. I can't add to the excellent advise already given, just to say that I agree 100%. Remember, at one time everybody here was new to MasterCam. biggrin.gif Actually, I am fairly new to MasterCam myself! I used a Unix based programming product for many years before I came to work for my current employer. I think that MasterCam is the best as far as machining software goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gus,

I just got Charles Davis’ MasterCam Handbook Series. I got all three books. Boy these are the best written books on Cam I have ever seen. They are so good that I sat down after dinner and just read the first one for three hours straight (and for any technical text that is really saying something). Well Charles you have done good!!! Also I have recently gotten Mike Mattera’s Tips For Manufacturing training tools CD’s and also have to say these are also Very good, the CD’s let monkeys like me SEE how it is done. Mike and Charles, Thank you for the hard work that you put into these. These resources are great for people like me who work in a setting that really can’t get away for a class at our resellers. My reseller is Thomas Paton and Associates and they are very helpful and have made every effort to get us trained. Rick Damiani gladly answers any question we call him with. So while I am at it, Thanks Rick!