Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mits fx-10 communication problem

Kannon

We have been running a fx 10 mits. for months using a floppy to go back and forth. Then we went to the rs232 cable and got the program to transfer a couple times, and now it wont. So we tried to go back to the floppy and now getting "mf error status" file format error. It cant be a format problem cause it is the alarm disk. Any ideas? I would like to go to the rs cable but even with the settings matched it still isnt bringing in the program. Anyone have any ideas on what to try? I have read past posts on communication problems and have everything matching,as far as parity, stop bits , com port, baud rate, etc.

Thanks,

Brian

DGreeves,

Promised I would let you know either way , and the news is good! Program fired right to it. I hate it that our baud rate had to be lowered. The program dosent even seem very big and the first to trys we got an overun alarm. Our baud rate is set at a 110 just to get it in. Do you know what affects the speed at which a machine is capable of bringing a program in? On the mills my bauds are set at 19500 and it just flys. Just curious why it would be so slow on the wires.

Thanks again,

Brian

I am not sure why either, but that machine being a few years old might be the case. I am not a computer guy . I am sure glad that worked out for you. You would not believe the amount of trouble we had to get that to work. Slowly feeding over is better that not at all.

I will bet that the problems you are having is caused by a bad/missing ground. The machines that never have communication problems are the ones with a 8' ground rod driven into the ground beside the machine, the ones with all the trouble are simply grounded thru the electrical service.

HTH

Allan