Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify--drilling error?

ChrisD

Good Morning,

I have been working on a cavity plate which requires a few cavity pin holes. When I programmed the drilling operations I used incremental top of stock and retract when I verified the program it was fine.... at the the machine was a different story though.

The center drill crashed into the cavity ruining the parting line. I noticed in the program that the R value was way too deep. I know I should be a little more diligent in checking the actual NC Code bur I thought Verify would pick a crash like that.... And yes I did have the Stop On Collision button on. Any Explanations? Or has this happened to anyone else?

TIA

Chris DiNardo

MC9 VER 9.1 MR0105

JmParis,

Yes, the clearance plane was set to absolute 2.00 retract was set to inc .1

top of stock set to inc zero. When I selected the actual drilling points though, one of the arcs was selected below the actual drilling start point causing the tool to want to start drilling 1.875 (rapid) into solid material. I realize that error is on my hands. I am just wondering why it did not show up in Mastercam Verify.

Thanks,

Yes, STOP ON COLLISION was checked on. I seem to remember in version 8 if the drill was rapiding down into material, it would give the "Stopped on Collision" message and stop the verify, and you could continue on if you wanted.