Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What delcam users think of MC

Yogesh K. Raman

It seems the majority says Powermill is better. I suspect you'd find MC is better if you asked here, or UG is better if asked at the UG forum, etc. Interesting comments either way. smile.gif

I've heard that Powermill has some powerful 3D programming features.

Thad

I have visited that forum a few time recently. The forum is active like this one. But I noticed whenever mastercam vs delcam question is raised there mastercam got many plus point though it's a delcam forum. Often people complain that a vacancy for mastercam programmer fills up in 1 or 2 day and it takes more than 2 months to find a delcam programmer. Those guys are always talking about features in newer version. If you compare that then "x" is going to wash out delcam completely. wink.gif

quote:

It seems the majority says Powermill is better. I suspect you'd find MC is better if you asked here, or UG is better if asked at the UG forum, etc. Interesting comments either way.

Don't be so sure about the UG forum.

Seems like there's a lot of this banghead.gif

going on.

But yeah the general gist is ask in the (CAD/CAM name here)forum of choice and their product will be the best one.

True or not

Well, people will talk.

Problem is... it's always hard cutting through the bs when you have people "talking" when they've never had experience with another software package.

I've more than a little experience with Powermill and I must say... it's a very capable piece of software. Some of the features in PM really lend themselves well to HSM techniques.

However,I feel that MC is just as capable. So it's just a matter of picking the one who's "features" you like more.

-Chuck