Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post questions

highrevtrev

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a post that is designed for Mazak Machines (MPMAZAK.pst) Th probelm that i am having is that when i do a simple drill cycle, error occur in the post. To be more specific "only single-axis rotation is allowed, angles my be incorrect". I have the enable rotation axis checked with a 'n'. Im not sure why i am recieving this error. Anyone else run into this problem.

Can anyone tell me what software is used to create these post processors? I ahve figured out how to edit the post but a background in the language would sure help understand how they are created.

Trev cheers.gif

Well it would help us if you told us what kind of Mazak it is. If you are trying to do this on an Intregrex and the post is only a 3 axis post it is not going to work. You will need to look to a 5 axis post to achieve work on a Intergrex. Now it if is a 4th axis machine and you are trying this then you will need to enable the 4th axis so that it will output the correct inex angle to drill the hole.

Give us some more details and we can point you in the right direction.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sounds like you have Operations in multiple views which mean that they are rotated more than one direction thus indicating a 5 Axis Move to the post. Since you got a message, this indicates your post does not support 5 Axis motion at this time and apparently since you only have 3 Axes in the machine, it does not need it so... you either need to use the WCS to get your planes in order, and re-apply the new WCS's to the offending operations or get a 5 axis machine. biggrin.gif

hey thanks for the help guys

I created a view in the WCS. All of my operations are one one view, the top of the part. Im just doing simple 2d pocketing and contouring. I narrowed the mistake down to my drilling functions. I also found this problem in some of my other programs that involve drilling.

One thing im not to sure about is how to create T-Planes with out rotating the part in the WCS. In previous jobs i would import the the file into MC and then rotate it using the wcs. Not sure if this is the right way to start a program, but i am still very new to MC.

Thanks again

IMO if you got your job done and the part came out correct then there is no "right way/wrong way". Is there a more efficient, faster, easier way? Well maybe, and if you keep coming here and asking question and reading posts, all that will come smile.gif Alot of the guys here are really good and eager to help. I've been using MC since V5.1 and have probably learned something everyday since I joined this forum.

Al