Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Software purchase?

Rich Musson

My school district is purchasing several CNC routers for the High School Technology Programs.

I strongly suggested for the school system to purchase an Industrial Quality Mill and software that would have growth potential when the teachers want to expand rather than have a TOY that is useless for more sophisticated machining.

I have Techno-Isel (stepper) Davinci 8"x10 and found it to be quality and using MasterCam V8 for the past 3 years and am still learning.

The software and machine that looks to be purchased is Visual Mill Basic V5.0. with a Techno-Isel 14x18 (Servo)Davinci.

Does anybody have any reaction to this software and machine?

I feel personally MasterCam has so much more growth potential and educational support or am I being silly. AND then the forum! Or am I talking to the choir.

Rich Musson, Technolgy Teacher for 39 years.

Rich,

You have MC users right in your backyard. You could always push the point of the kids need to be prepared for local industry. We run Proe and MasterCam Mill, Wire, and Lathe here and I would be willing to set-up a tour and presentation on how MC is leading the industry in CadCam. Please feel free to drop me and e-mail if you would like to discuss it. smile.gif

Rich,

We run 2 vf2 Haas Machining centers and 3 wire edms all being drivin from Mastercam. It is the backbone of our Cnc department. To me you will find support for your software will be the most important. Where in the world could you find a software support group that is there for you day and night 7 days a week? This forum has never let me down and even what I felt might be a beginner question was handled with professionalism(unless posted in Off Topic biggrin.gif )

Good Luck and go with you gut feeling!

The Mastercam Educational package includes many extras in the package as well as the best team of Educational and Industrial dealers anywhere! If you are planning on cutting steel, you need a mill not a router. Look at the Haas mini-Mill or Tool-Room Mill. Haas also has an educational machine coming out. Same control as industry but fits thru standard door.

MasterCam is the package we use for programming all of our CNCs (50+) here w/ the exeption of our wire edms (esprit came w/ them) and the 2 Bridgeport tool room mills ( Easypath or something like that, soon to be replaced w/Mcam L2).

It doesn't matter what the machine is , w/ Mcam we can find a post or hack an existing one to meet our needs.

Drop me an email w/ the particulars , I'll join the the campaign Mike mentioned above

biggrin.gif

I used to sell those divici servo's from techno and they are quality routers... Of course Mcam would be a better software choice and Mastercam also has much better cirriculum available besides even all the help you get on the forums and the like. The servo machine will be a nice step up from the stepper you have been using.

good luck

Chuck