Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reversr chain

ChrisH

headscratch.gif Hi, I spend most of my day making programs for shown and opposite parts. I program the shown part and then mirror the solid and reverse the chains and re-post it for the opposite part. My question is, can I get Mastercam not to change the cutter compensation from left to right. When you reverse the chain it changes the cutter comp left to right. I remember seeing something in one of the settings but I can’t find it. I would like to just reverse the chain and be done with it.

Yes but the cutter compensation changs from left to righ too. SO there is too steps for every operation. Reverse chain and then change compensation back to left. SO it will still climb cut. Just looking for a faster way. Maybe cut out one step per operation.

yeah the transform-toolpath-mirror option is buggy. the reverse toolpath option in particular, used it so as to make my tool path climb cut which it did but it starts at bottom of detail and works way up instead of starting at top and going down like original path..