Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where is X ??

RandleXX

I just wrote a rather vindictive reply directed at the, what some believe and myself included, an unreasonable delay in the release of X but then deleted it. Some of the loyalist here would take offense so I reconsidered. However, if I were in a similar circumstance of not being able to get a product out in a reasonable amount of time, I would be fired and replaced with someone who had the expertise to do so.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

However, if I were in a similar circumstance of not being able to get a product out in a reasonable amount of time, I would be fired and replaced with someone who had the expertise to do so.

I really don't think that's the issue. The Mastercam product really is a very good one and the support I've received from CNC Software has been good as well. I'm sure that the expertise and effort are there, I think that this is just a very bad example of overly enthusiastic marketing and the bad taste that it can leave with your customers.

C

Well put Chris...

quote:

Some of the loyalist here would take offense so I reconsidered.

Not me,but it all depends on what and how you say it.

If you were some Sh!t head off the street coming in here and 'writing on the walls',I could see them being upset.

But I believe that every legit user that also got on the maintenance plan just to secure a seat of X,does have a legitamate gripe! wink.gif

quote:

But I believe that every legit user that also got on the maintenance plan just to secure a seat of X,does have a legitamate gripe!

to add to that,

if your maintenance fee comes out of your own pocket. otherwise what you wimpering about ??

me? I work here and use it. I didnt buy it, or pay for it. not my problem. I would be using anything they want me to.

#1) I'm not whimpering, I'm not bitching, I'm not whining; I'm just not kissing Mastercam's a$$. My company is their customer and that gives me the right [right is a strong word but I can't think of a more appropriate one at this moment] to voice a complaint so long as I don't make it personal or go overboard with wild accusations.

#2) They pay me to MAKE money for the company, not pi$$ it away, and I make the recommendations on CNC, DNC, CAM, workholding, cutting tools, toolholding, etc. The money for those doesn't come out of my pocket, either, but if somebody tells me I'll have my chuck next week and I don't get it for a year they're gonna hear about it; loud and frequently. I don't harass CNC Software or my reseller about it because it isn't as though I'm out of business without X, 9.1SP2 works pretty damned well for me, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sit back and say, "f_ck it; not my money"

C

Well the problem gets compounded because of the license (maintenence) fee. Because people have paid this fee it has made them feel as though without timely delivery they have wasted their monies.

On the flip side while everyone eagerly waits for X the question you really need to ask yourselves is this. Would I be satisifeds with a product that was over ridden with bugs and issues. Basically you could end up with an expensive product that would be useless to you in its current form. then people would be complaining how much the new product sucks.

We are talking about a total redesign of the product which imho was long overdue and I really think people will be pleased when they see it.

as far as the maintenence plan have most of you paid more than you would have paid for a simple uprgrade and is that truley where your frustration lies ..

my point was more towards Randle's begging thread comment. or anyone else's that is simular. they sound as tho their dead in the water without X rolleyes.gif

Im productive with V9, very productive. anyone who isnt, X wont fix there problem only enhance there non-productivity.

BTW, I dont brown my nose either wink.gif

quote:

Two Mastercam Bulletins Become One

Thank you to everyone who signed up to receive the Mastercam X Bulletin as a way to keep informed about the progress and benefits of Mastercam X.

Since Mastercam X will be hitting the streets shortly, the Mastercam X Bulletin and this monthly Newsflash will combine to become one monthly communication from CNC Software. Future Newsflash bulletins will contain all kinds of information about Mastercam X, so the need for a separate bulletin no longer exists.

Again, thank you to all of you who followed the Mastercam X bulletin to its end!

Mastercam X News flash

cheers.gif