Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam remote

Clifford T

The last couple of years my son has been doing most of the Mastercam work around here. He’s been in High School and now leaving for college. For us it’s a part time position. So we thought we might hook up from his dorm room to the office using “my pc” or web ex” to run Mastercam remotely. The slow link would be his uplink at 54 meg bits. Can we make this work? He’s looking for a part-time job and I need the code. Thanks

I believe there is a fee to upgrade to nethasp, then a "per computer" fee as well. You'll have to get the specifics from your local dealer.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad teh just looked into updating to nethasp

Like mcpgmr said PC anywhere should do the trick. If he would be the only user it might be better just to let him take the thing and email you the g-code. If there was a problem he could always next day the hasp home. You should really get him a kick xxxx lap top if he does that for you, you know one that will play battle field 2 smile.gif .

Thanks for the input. It sounds like it will work. I need the key at work because once in awhile the boss (that’s me) will yell at the programmer (me again) that he needs something RIGHT NOW. Any opinions on the best VNP to use. “Keep it simple stupid” banghead.gif

quote:

Any opinions on the best VNP to use. “Keep it simple stupid”

I wouldn't think you'd need a VPN. If you really want one but don't want to spend anything, look into OpenVPN.

If you use remote control software, you can always use encryption. If you spend money and get PCAnywhere, it features built-in encryption (although I'm not sure of the strength is uses now). If you go the free route, the VNCs like TightVNC and UltraVNC allow you to use DSM-RC4 plug-in or set up SSH; the plug-in would be easier to set up that SSH.