Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Mastercam to program a CMM

John King

John let me know how you make out. I tried a couple years ago and could not even get a demo of Verisurf. There is very little support this side of the Mississippi.

I have been eyeing up the CMMWorks for solidworks. I wish CNC software would get into the CMM game. I'd bet they would sell more seats then they do of wire smile.gif . Most of us mill guys have DCC CMMs now

DC

I am using Verisurf with a Faro arm, support has been there when I needed it. We also had in house training here in SC. Verisurf is MC based and real easy to learn for any MC user,and the new Aoto inspect feature that Ernie improved on after I spoke with him gives you the option of having blue print dimensioning in your reports on true positions not just from part orgin but from any feature to any other feature.There has been many improvments and addons in the past months.

When I was at Contour Aerospace in Brea, CA and Certified Fabricators in Buena Park, CA, we used Verusurf to construct my point data in Verisurf and used a VB file to post it to LKDmis. At Contour, we had two Sheffields and used verisurf to create CSV files that would be utilized with MeasureMax. Using Verisurf made program faster and time efficient. Let me know if I can be of assistance. In both cases, Sheffield or LK, I can give you contact people to help you accomplish this.

Also, as an App Eng at Verisurf, I would like to tell that we are always available for support. Plaes feel free to contact us at our Anaheim office at 714-701-1460. If anyone has any problems or issues with our software, do not hesitate to call.

Hello John,

Verisurf uses Mastercam Design as its CAD front-end and provides a suite of software products used specifically for CMM measurements. Verisurf can interface with most all CMMs.

If you have a manual type CMM we can replace your old software completely with a Verisurf Inspection system.

If you have a CNC type CMM we offer two options. One option is to use a Verisurf product called Veriprobe. This will create the CMM probe path to run your CMM, we can use Mastercam post to make any file format that will work with your CMM software, the other option is to interface Verisurf directly to the CMM, this allows you to do live Inspection, working just like a manual CMM except you use the joystick to drive the motors. You will get to keep your old CMM software to drive CNC programs.

With Verisurf it only takes a few minutes to see if a part is within tolerance or not.

We have several customers using Verisurf with their CNC CMM's. We can interface directly along side other CMM programs. The advantage of this is that a customer can run their old CMM part programs with their old CMM software and use Verisurf for a fast new way to inspect parts using Mastercam CAD models as the master gage.

Please visit www.verisurf.com for more information.

Most Mastercam resellers do offer Verisurf products; have you talked to your local dealer about Verisurf?

cheers.gif

Ernie