Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The very first new feature I discovered in X was...

Dan_AKA_ROY

Select Zoom. Pretty neat! I clicked on one entity and hit the 'Zoom Selected' button. Now, that entity sure looks big!! biggrin.gif

So many more goodies to find. Just got the access code and I'm at home playing around in my design-X seat. Sweet! Can't wait to install our mill-X seat this Monday at work.

What new feature did you first stumble across?

I checked my e-mail right before I left work. THE CODES!!! I saw.. biggrin.gif So I forwarded it home where I run my design seat.

The Getting Started Guide looks good at first glance. Gonna get reading and feelin my way around X.

I definately have taken a liking to X. Looks like it'll be a blast to use!

I had trouble with Break/at Length. You have to enter a negative value in the trim/break ribbon bar and set to trim to point and break. I HATE the new F2 unzoom. I prefered the F2 zoom-previous in V9. Now if you zoom in from a screen fit and then hit F2 you get about a 50% unzoom. I remapped the F2 key to screen fit which is not what I want but it is better.

Steve,

We posted this in the other thread but didn't know if you had seen it there.. We figured we drop it in for you hear since it may be a common concerm with X.

rsbeadle:

In response to your issue posting to multiple machines.

You should have a dfferent Machine and Control Definition for each machine. This will create alot of flexibility for you.

For example; Create a machine definition for MACHINE-1 and assign a control definition that references the file location you want used. Create a Machine definition for MACHINE-2 and assign a control definition with a different file location you want to use. Once you have a Machine definition for each machine you can select them from the -Machine Type- drop down. This will create a machine group in the Operations manager for each machine definition you select. The Operations Manager supports multiple machine definitions/groups in one file allowing you to even have Lathe and Mill toolpaths in one file if you have them both liscensed.

Now, place the red insert arrow, found in the operation manager,in the Machine Group you want your toolpath created in. Basically the operations manager should have a machine definition/group open for each machine you want to use with the toolpaths organized in the correct groups relative to where they will be run. When you post a file it will automatically reference the file location set in the control deinition the Machine definition/group is referencing, you can still change this location if you need by selecting -Files- if you expand the machine group propertie in the operations manager. You can even select all toolpaths to post all at once and they will all save off to the proper locations you defined in the Control definitions being used by the Machine definitions in each group.

Hope this helps

Dave

--------------------

Dave