Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX backplot

?Mark

Just got a Quadro FX500 card installed and am getting the strobe effect, along with heavy red lines partially overlaying the tool trace lines. Checked for the back buffer and didn't find anything to match up with that description. I believe he loaded the latest driver. any ideas?

Should have added, the disc included with the board was bad, so he just loaded drivers from the website. I'm wondering if we're missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

If the cursor is over the Toolpath Manager. Yyou can tell when the TM icons are not grayed-out. TM is “seeing” the keystroke and beeps (It doesn't know what the 'S' is for). This issue has been logged.

If you click rewind and "S" it through again, it still beeps even if the cursor isn't over the TM.

Thad

Hi Everybody,

For people having issues with Backplot:

Try doing a fresh installation of both the .NET Framework and the DirectX 9.0c from the Mastercam installation CD. We have been taking tech support calls from many users who have been having graphics problems. A majority [notice I didn't say all wink.gif ] of them have the same problem: They have an older version of Direct X installes (such as version 8 or 9.0(a). If this is the case, when these customers go to the main installation screen, the two installation buttons for Direct X and the .Net 1.1 Framework are grayed out. To install these products you must explore the CD contents in Windows Explorer and go to the Data folder. You will find seperate install programs for both .NET 1.1 and Direct X 9.0c.

A final note, after the install of SP1 I also had to go to Mastercam's website and re-install the HASP drivers for Windows XP.

-Colin

www.multiaxis.com

Im at a loss with my MCX backplotting in Lathe, I am running the 71.84 nvidia drivers and DX9c. The unified back/depth buffer switch is off. And I am still getting so many backplotting errors that I have given up using it and use my Text editors backplotting to see what the code actually does. =

Dell 370Precision workstation, NVidia Quadro FX 3400, I am running dual displays and have noticed that SolidEdge runs better with large files if I step back to one monitor so I tried that with MCX and had no change. I installed it at home on my AMD2.8 with a ATI9800Pro 128M card and it runs better on that than my Workstation here at work..hehe I am hoping for some changes to make it back plot better. I also do not like the way it does not peel out the material when backplotting and just removes it after the operation is complete. biggrin.gif