Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Translate undo problem

DaveR

Problem is that all I did was rotate a solid -90 degrees. As far as I can tell that should not be on the "something we should not do" or "doing something stupid" list. I get out of the function and undo is still greyed out. Try it and see if you get the same result.

From X Help

quote:

The events you can undo and redo are limited to Mastercam CAD functions, including those you use to create or edit geometry, drafting entities, and file annotations, and to modify entity attributes.

It seems that translate solid is not a CAD function. Unlimited undos? What good is that when you can only undo certain functions. I would rather have one undo if it worked on everything.

Yes that is what I did too, just close it down and re-load the file. I had to do that because I accidently made a copy, the XFORM seems to default to copy.

That got overlayed with my original and deleting all of those edge curves would have taken forever. Much less time just to close the file and re-open, start over.

Dave,

I'm home now so there is no way to check it but it could be a workaround to your problem.

When rotating pick all entities you used to create solid (or everything except a solid), rotate it and if you like the result regen solid.

I wonder if undo will be available then.

Don't see why it would not work.

BTW, when in solid chain manager DO NOT resize this window or you'll be in for a surprise...

I know how iritating it can get when you think something should work and it doesn't wink.gif

HTH

Mark