Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

used inserts

MATTHEW S B

what i have is 643 and 543 cnmg inserts.at our company we are only able to use the long corners but what the problem is is that we have about 3,000 of each insert and i can't see just scraping them out .they generaly cost about $10 to $15 dollars new.where should i go to find out who might do a particular operation in there shop that may use the small corners?i am sure that the company i work for would get rid of them for a rock bottom deal.

quote:

i am sure that the company i work for would get rid of them for a rock bottom deal.

I just heard from a tool salesman that scrap carbide is going for ~$7 per lb. I don't know how true it is or if that's an option for you.

Thad

Buy a toolholder that can rough face with them and you will have a never ending supply. If you don't use the same tool to face and turn with it will improve insert life.

At 1 of my last jobs we bought a twin tool boring head to recycle our inserts and the expense of the tool was offset by the zero running cost of fresh edges. The owner loved it.......