Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Install Problems

Putzalutz

Howdy,

I was so excited to finally recieve our copy of X, so in my haste I load it in, HASP ready and waiting, to get a startup error that two .ocx files are not found. They are on the system, and in the registry editor they are being pointed to at the right location on the drive....any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

It doesn’t work for any user if he doesn’t have Administrator privileges, I suspect it has something to do with registy permissions.

Software should always be installed with Administrative rights. Arterwards, non-administrative accounts can run X, however your best best it to allow other users write access to the mcamx directory and its subdirectories, or you'll have a bunch of problems writing to temp files, config files, etc. It would be kewl if CNC stored files like that in directories accessable by any user (Ex: Documents and Settings[username]Application DataMastercam X) but this workaround is fine.

No actually this workaround doesn't work. I installed MCX with Admin rights. But the users do not have admin rights so they cannot run X unless I give them admin rights.

By default the mcamx folder has rights for everyone to read,write,delete. I have reset the rights to the subfolders just in case that was a problem, but it didn't solve this problem.

quote:

But the users do not have admin rights so they cannot run X unless I give them admin rights.

It should, if you've installed X with admin rights. Selecting the "Full Control" option for mcamx and its subdirectories should give them all the rights to run X.

But if you're having OCX problems, like was mentioned above, that's a different story. You'll have to re-register them with an admin account. Do you have V9 installed as well?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

instead of getting frustrated at trying to understand what they are saying in the previous posts. try this .....

Control Panel

Switch to Classic View

double click Mastercam X

File open dialogue should read(mastercamx)

double click Windows folder

Click on system32 folder

Scroll down to MCBitmap.ocx and select unregister...then select the file again and register it.

do the same for MCListctl.ocx and enjoy the program.