Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hasp problems

Decomaster

Decomaster and others,

Be certain you're using a HASP 4 to run Mcam X with. If it's HASP 3, Mcam X will not recognize the HASP. Go to Mcam Simswap form and look at the top of the page for the "HASPinfo" link. This will allow you to test the HASP and will let you know if it's HASP 3 or HASP 4. If it's a USB HASP, it's automatically a HASP 4, no need to test it. Also check to make sure you're not trying to run a NetHASP if you have a local sim. Go to the Mcam X program group and select NHASP X. This will sometimes attempt to run on a NetHASP depending on how Mcam X was installed. HTH cheers.gif

BTW, Lathe-Mill. The NVS series chipset is NOT a recommended video card chipset. It's equivalent of a "plain Jane" office pc card, not a CAD/CAM engineering grade workstation card. You may experience some video issues. See if you can upgrade the card to a Quadro FX 500/600 or better. I use a Quadro FX 540 card w/128 Mb of onboard RAM. It's not that expensive and the video is flawless.

Peter, thanks for the info. I installed X on one of our older computers that has V.9 on it and it does not recognize the Hasp either. So, now i know that it is the hasp that is out dated. The confusing thing is when i go to the Mcam Simswap form that you had mentioned it said that there was not a Hasp available on my computer. Long story short, is it my computer that is having problems or the Hasp? Someone please help!!!!

The drivers for the hasp have to be correct for the testhasp to work.

Testing should be done before installing X so the hasp drivers dont get replaced before test. If you have installed X then uninstall hasp drivers then reinstall V9 driver then run tesp hasp.

Craig Madsen came up with these commands to run from command line:

In order to get them working:

Start/Run/CMD enter

cdmcamxcommon

haspdinst -fremove

press ok at the messages

cdmcam9common

hinstall -r (Uninstall and registry setting)

hdd32 (reinstalls then it will work)

Exit

Then I put it in a .bat file. I'll put the simswap.zip file on the ftp under unspecified_uploads folder. It contains the bat file and testhasp utility. just run from whatever folder you extract them to.

Also if you install MC-X and 9 runs but X does not and you dont have the internet on the computer.

Go to the McamX Dir and use Haspinfo.exe to tell you what you have being a Hasp3 or 4.

if you install X on a Win2000 box and now both don't run.

un-install both aps(Make sure to save your files)then reinstall V9 then X freash and they should run ,both of them as long as you do Have a Hasp4 Key.

Hope this info helps