Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quick Question MC 9 vs. X

jspangler

Don't totally switch over right away. Keep V9 installed and use that, but work with X to get familiar with the new interface, or use it if it's not a rush job that your working on. I haven't come across a lot of bugs, if any myself, so depending on what kind of work you do, you may be ok with once you become familiar with it.

John

Installing X will not hurt your V9 install.

It will change the appearance of your levels manager, but not its functionality.

I suggest you keep using V9 for your serious work and try X when you need to do something simple, like drill and tap some holes in a tooling plate.

Going from V9 to X is not like going from V8 to V9. X is WAY different.

Do simple jobs, play with some of the sample files, drop V92XFunctions.PDF on your desktop for

easy access, etc etc.

The bugs won't affect any of that, and by the time

you're ready for some serious stuff, SP1 will be

out.

[ 09-19-2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I'm sorry, But most of the alleged "bugs" being listed here are people not using a new function correctly. I'm not saying that there are not bugs. Some functions may not be working right or can possibly stand some improvements. But they're not all bugs.

X is different, but once you spend a little time with it your going to like. You'll probably get a little frustrated with some of the new features until you get a handle on them better.

It's X-mas Time Dude. Open Your Present And Start Playing With Your New Toy. cheers.gif

Mike Mattera