Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sp1 and printing

smokey_44

I have been using mastercam for at least 10 years now . I have never seen another cad/cam package have sooooo many problems with printing. I love mastercam , they have tried a few times here to get rid of it to look at other packages but I always so NO , MASTERCAM is best. Now that I said that the one thing that really bothers me is that the FREAKING PRINTING still does not work correctly!!! I installed X and it was a little screwy , so I played with some of the settings and presto everything finaly worked ok. Now I download SP1 and install then ...BANG no more printing at all ...change something in the settings I get some stuff printed but others not????? Shading the part will not work at all???

I'm tired of everytime mastercam releases new software you have to change everthing and play with it for days to get it to work....

Example ver9 was not bad for printing then all of a sudden the damn thing was printing like chinese sysbols and stuff???, so I wrote a post here to try to figure it out ...nothing ...went to the dealer for help ...(always clamied it was a network problem or a printer issue or not upading windows...then I tried all that stuff , still nothing so I let it go for 2 years now with great problems at times. Then I'm reading here one day only to find out that It was a BUG and the file from version 7 will work fine , So i got that file now no more problems ???

Thing is Its funny the way you can install all kinds of other software and for printing it gives great results ...goto Mastercam X ...crappy printing then I fix it fianly works then SP1 no back to nothing at all or just crap being printed!!! Like I said I love Mastercam X and would not consider another package but I mean really ....Well I will say it

THE PRINTING SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!

I though sp1 was to fix printing problems not cause them ???/

Dave

I know I have printed in color with surfaces and solids for a customer no trouble and I tested it again this moring dhaded solid on my laser with know trouble.

I am going to give you waht you had before looks like hardware over there.

Give me some more setting to try and I will have 8 computers at hand in my persianl office and 15 at the work office not including servers.

Ok this is bs, I now have no choice but to go back to 9, I like 10, but im loosing time now, I spent alot of time that i dont have messing around with this stupid bug. can I remove sp1 and wait for sp2 somehow? I a bunch of blank pages now, I probally went through about 15 trees so far