Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SP1 errors

Thad

Lou,

I uninstalled Demo before rebooting and installing MCX 2 days ago. We've had some network issues this morning that didn't allow internet access to my MC seat. I downloaded the .exe from another computer and then ran the .exe from the MC seat.

The errors look similar to the errors I got when first installing Demo, although installing .NET Framework fixed everything. confused.gif

I was just informed that a seat of MCX Design was updated with no problems.

Thad

I have only edited the right click menu to add a couple items (Done/Enter). Updated a couple posts. I havent had time to play with it yet so ive only used it sparingly for a couple weeks.

edit: I did set my default editor to Cimco. I Doubt that has anything to do with this.

Boy, this isn't any fun. frown.gif

We have about 4 guys sharing the 2 seats of MC at my end of the shop. I had to step aside to let someone else get in and do some programming with V9. He got the "hasp not found" error. Uh-oh! eek.gif Rather than mess around with it, I did a system restore to before I installed SP1. Now he was able to launch V9, but now I get the following errors when launching MCX.

sp1error3.jpg

BTW, why can't I copy and paste text from these error reports? mad.gif

Thad

quote:

Do you have administrative rights over the Mcamx directory and its sub directories?

Yes.

quote:

Do Backplot Config.DLL and FilterNCI.DLL exist in the CHOOKS folder?

Yes.

I just did the SP1 update through Help-Update Mastercam and now V9 works again. Now I'm back to the long list of errors when launching MCX that I posted in my original question. Roger, I'm not sure if that affects the answer to your question.

Thad

allseeing,

The system that works has a USB hasp and the one that doesn't has a USB. I now have another one that doesn't with a parallel port hasp.

Brian,

All of our hasps were hasp 4, which should run X. X ran fine before installing SP1.

Thad

We have went to our vendor and they suggested we reinstall mastercam x again with out uninstalling it. So we tried that and now it won't reload gives errors and stops the install. So it appears we will have to start over!! By the way we have loaded the SP1 patch on another system with a usb hasp and it has failed too. So it apparently doesn't care if its a hasp4 or a usb hasp. Sounds like microsoft software!!!

I tried installing SP1 on another seat. I got the same errors as I originally did here. In the control panel, I had the option to uninstall it. I tried, and all went well...no errors. But the SP1 entry in Add/Remove Programs didn't go away. I uninstalled it again and all went well...no errors. But the SP1 entry in Add/Remove Programs *still* didn't go away. Then I noticed that the install date was 9-14-05 for SP1. That's not right, I just installed it today. Then I decided to use system restore to send me back to just before the SP1 install. System restore did not work because "there were no changes detected in my computer." I assumed it was because of the install date of 9-14-05. headscratch.gif Anyway, I uninstalled everything and did a fresh install of MCX with no SP1. I'll wait until I get one computer (with Mill) set up before I go trashing the other computers.

Back to my original problem....I still have the errors listed in my original post. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thad

Hi Guys,

Thad - Are your config files on a network or local on the hard drive of your computer? I had a similar problem the other day. Let me explain what happened:

I do Tech Support for the Washinton State Mastercam reseller. A customer of ours was having a problem with his file. I already had Mastercam SP1 installed and it was running fine. The customer sent me his current MCX file, along with his .config, .mtb, and .kmp file so I could simulate his situation. It apparently also loaded a .ft file which I have know idea as to what Mastercam does with this. As soon as I switched the files, I got the same error messages that you guys are. I checked in the Configuration,Files section and all of the data paths for the different files that Mastercam uses had been reset to some bogus location (I think it was the root directory mcamx). The only way I could fix it was to uninstall Mastercam completely, re-install it of the CD, and re-install SP1. I think it might be a network issue.....

Any comments from other users/resellers/CNC software would be appreciated.

-Colin

www.multiaxis.com

Colin,

All config files are kept locally on the HDD.

quote:

It apparently also loaded a .ft file which I have know idea as to what Mastercam does with this.

Now you might be on to something. idea.gif On all the computers that got errors after SP1, they all had the mastercam.ft file modified using Roger Martin's trick. The one Design seat that didn't get the modified .ft file took the SP1 update just fine. Do you think.....?

I'll have to wait until Wednesday to check it out. I'll be attending the MCX update class on Mon & Tues.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif It's good to have you aboard.

Thad

I'll have to look into it on Monday as well. I need to bring home a demo copy so I have something to work with at home. I read the Roger Martin thread and it looks like the .ft file controls the display of the Mastercam interface. If anyone has some more info on this I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the welcome Thad, Its good to be here.

-Colin

www.multiaxis.com