Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SP1 Install "interrupted?

MitchD

Hi Jeremy, Ive tried rebooting. I kept dropping from the file download for some reason, so I downloaded the update directly, put it in a folder, unplugged from the network , started MCX, Told it to check for update, when it asked if I wanted to update locally, I said yes and browsed to the folder that I had the update in and hit the check, it runs for a bit, then errors out and gives me that message. So I rebooted, repeated , same error, rebooted again, and now it seems to be stuck about half way through..hehe All I want is to post one roughing pass. DOH!

If SP1 has installed successfully, you should see "SP1" in the Mastercam title bar and the build number on the About dialog should be 10.0.14.19.

Are you installing SP1 with administrative rights on the local computer? Also, are you installing through the built-in Update utility or via a downloaded file?

I'm not sure what the problem is there. Was the folder with the update in it empty except for the service pack update? It's supposed to be a clean folder with no other files, so make sure of that.

If SP1 was loaded it will say it at the top of the window: Mastercam Lathe SP1

I'd go the route of contacting your dealer if nobody from CNC chimes in with a solution.

Well no SP1 in the TitleBar and 10.0.22.2 version. =[

Yes I am administrator on the PC.

Yes the folder was new and empty

Just tried to post my tool path, and got three different errors before it was able to pull up the NC file in the MC editor with the file in it..hehe But I GOT IT, so back to the shop I go, thanks for the help and I'll take another look at it on Monday.

yeah I downloaded it to my desk top from the direct link and installed it from there after the download in the update manager failed 3 times. Something odd going on here. I did install it at home and it updated there with zero problems so I must assume it was either load on the update servers timing out or Our work network causing some problem with the download. I am trying to install it again now