Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Aluminium in high production

GREG

Greg

Depending on the production quantities - go PCD tools all the way! Coolant thru PCD tipped "G" drills with high polished flutes. Kennametal has their TX line of Solid Carbide drills and also check HAM Precision - out of Germany - They make some nice tools.

For Milling - Clapp and Haney PCD facemills

Niagara Cutter A331 HSS Endmill w/.003" cylindrical land ground along the margins for added stability.

For Turning - Kenna and Sandvik now have great grades and Geometry for Aluminum. Also look for Rouse and Iscar High Positive tools.

What type of material - DieCast, FineBlanked, Rolled, Cast?? The parent material will affect anything you try to do.

Good Luck

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Andrew,

Yeah the new job is keeping me off the furum, but so is BMX and spending time with the kids. Sorry guys I like you and all but first things first....

Here's our ABA District standings/rankings as of August for anybody that cares (this is out of about 350 riders in our district) I hope to crack the top 100, I don't know though I got a late start this year (July) If I would've started in January, I'd be in there fer shur but...... Next year, We'll all be in the top 100.

Rank----Name-------------Age--Points-Wins-Class

171-----JAMES MEYETTE----31---176----0----NOVICE

223-----BRIAN MEYETTE----5----90-----2----NOVICE

267-----MICHAEL CAMERON--13---53-----0----NOVICE

I think I 'll get to 1000 posts before Jay does. We should make him go back through all his posts and spell check them..... ROFLMAO, j/k Jay. wink.gif

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Hi

"I think I 'll get to 1000 posts before Jay does. We should make him go back through all his posts and spell check them..... "

I don't think spelling is an issue, and to help bother Jay----I misspell some of the words so that he can read them.

biggrin.gif

I have seen brother James go around the BMX track,and For an old guy he goes pretty fast.

biggrin.gif

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]