Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job Boss Software

zoey

We are a small job shop with 6-10 employee's. We are trying to update our shop floor software and would like to get opinion on Job Boss software from users and or any suggestions for software that is a good fit with mastercam and quick books. I haven't found any user who is a major supporter yet.

We use Jobboss.

What do you mean by "good fit" with mastercam ?

Aside for attaching graphics there is no real interoprability with Jobboss. Even attached files have to be viewd by "Auto Vue" which is purchased through Jobboss.

That said it is a pretty robust system. We have about 6-10 simultaneous Jobboss users at any one time. It is not the best system if you do mostly repeat work, although they have improved in this area.

Jobboss' greatest strength is probably that it allows you to do alot on the fly which makes is a major plus for a job shop environment.

It's reporting is very good. We used to use Peach Tree acounting but a few years ago migrated over to using the Jobboss acounting modules.

My use of Jobboss was limited to quoting and job cost reviewing. I found it to work as stated with no or very few bug, unless there was a new release/rewrite. Tech support was always good. There is an add-on package for ISO certification that will cover all your required documentation. (Track customer complaints, Machine maintenance, Vender certification etc.) I don’t think I would call my self a major supporter but on the other hand I can not see a way I would be a major support of any controller type software, Unless someone from tech support would come wash my car or something.

I have used M1 some myself and found it very capable but do need to make sure you have all the premissons you need to access what it can really do. Good for making travelrs and keep track of Material, cost, work flow and other facutes realted to the shop.

Jobboss was one I looked at years ago just a ACCESS database program suped up is all in my opinion. but almost all I have seen are as well.

hth

Used to use JobBoss and it seemed like a good package for pretty short money and the Shop Paper end of the software was very good in my opinion. I never worked with the Scheduling or Accounting portions so I can't speak to that. If you come across anything called PowerCerv [probably not in a small business environment] run like hell

C