Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Flowline Multiple Surfaces

FITIN IRISH

one thing I've done in the past (as long as their adjacent surfaces) is create edge curves, then delete the surface(s) (all on another level of course) then create a new surface either by using coon chaining or if MCX is your platform try the net-surface, it works pretty well once you get the hang of it. If you get alot of up and down moves instead of a smooth tool path play with your tolerance settings (ie: cut control). If you run in to this give a holla.

Gerard,

Flowline is really pickey... I think this is what you want. ( ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...6548_6_Flow.MCX )

I just made one... (Cause I have a full time job also). I made one "ruled" surface. For "Flowline" all your surfaces have to have the same normals and chained consistantly. Try making all your surfaces the same direction and the same endpoints and the toolpath should work. Contour and scallop and project would also work in this situation! Hope that helps!

King Louie had a good idea.... I have been trying to get some "net surfaces" to work...

For this file I created a swept surface using the existing geometry. My swept surface is quite close to his orgional surfaces. banghead.gif I could'nt get X to create a "Net surface".

My swept surface toolpathed a "flowline" well. Since I'm new to "net surfaces". Can someone else mabe get a "net surface" on the existing wireframe? I like the idea of "net surfaces". I'm just eire of how generalized the surfaces are created. (i.e.) Like if there's close tol. on a mold or a part. Will "net surface" be able to work?

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to use this project blend toolpath but I'm getting a "operation has no chained geometry"

warning.

But I can't seem to find a place to add chains.

My tool containement option is even greyed out.

I sure would like to use this toolpath if I could.

I like flowline alot but it only works 50% of the time for me.

flycut,

When you pick the toolpath, (Toolpath - Surface Finish - Finish Blend), You will select your drive surfaces. When you press end selection, the toolpath/surface selection dialog box appears. It will show you the number of drive surfaces you have selected. There is a section at the bottom that says "blend" with a selection arrow. Pick the arrow and Mastercam will bring up the chaining dialog box and you need to pick two and only two chains. Mastercam will blend in between them.

Normally when I'm doing this, I will project those chains to somewhere above my surfaces and make sure there are no gaps or overlaps in my chains.

HTH,