Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Extend and Trimmed Surfaces

stevieboy

Hello All

I was trying to extend a surface, so that my tool would not roll off the edge of part I was machining, When I do a Surface extend,

I get.. Cannot extend trimmed edges of trimmed surfaces and when I untrim the surface the surface turns into a cylinder.

Is there any other way to extend the surface to keep the tool from rolling the edge?

Thank for your help

Could anyone help me with this one?!?

FTP mc.9 folder surface5.mc9

I can't seem to trim the 2 surfaces to each other.

Modify > trim > to surfaces

It says curves no closed???

But I'm not even given a chance to select any curves...

What am I doing wrong... Again!

flycut,

I don't know what your tolerance or quality standard is on this, but give this a try.

From the top view, you can see where the 2 surfs bleed together. Create-Line-Endpoints a line in the middle of the bleeding area (eyeball it). I'm guessing that line will be about 95 degrees. Make sure it extends above and below the surfaces. Now, trim each surface individually to that curve.

Thad