Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

delete like in V9

Toast

Hi Toast,

I think you can do what you want by selecting the items you want to work with first, and then choosing the function.

So you could select the geometry you want to delete first with windowing, or chaining etc, then you can press the Delete key or press the Delete icon.

To change levels, select the geometry first then right-click on the word "Level" on the status bar, at the bottom of the screen. You'll find you don't have to confirm your selections this way. The same goes for changing the other attributes, like Line style and colour.

Rich,

I think he wants to have them delete as he selects them. Kinda like V9 blank. That way, if you had a big assembly, you could click around getting rid of the things that are in your way, eventually leaving what you need exposed. Am I right, Toast?

I don't think it works like that anymore. But I haven't tried blanking in MCX yet.

Thad

Spot on Thad, it 'could' be an option to double click delete so that entities go as you select. We cant hold down both mouse buttons to delete en masse anymore either. If you do want to put stuff on new levels in a complex part it takes forever to confirm all the time, or select in sections - too easy that way to move bits you didn't want to.

We need to be able to set up a delete, or move levels first, then have the bits move when selected. Blanking works the same - it goes on confirm. Thanks for your input guys.