Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X - User Interface Survey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to everyone who participated in our online survey about the Mastercam X interface. We’re happy to report the following results:

· Most agreed that the overall Mastercam X interface is intuitive. We are pursuing suggestions on how to make it more intuitive.

· Most believe that the longer they use Mastercam X, the easier it is to use. Several commented that old habits are hard to break.

· Most find the ribbon bars easy to learn, understand, and use, even after only a short time using X. We also received some good ideas to improve them.

· Most find the vertical dialog boxes easy to learn, understand, and use, even after only a short time using X.

But we also got a lot of suggestions and comments on areas to improve. And we’re already working on incorporating some of your suggestions into future releases:

· I would like hot keys so that I can hit "E" for end chain, or "P" for partial chain, or "D" for done, "R" for reverse = Chaining shortcut keys like Version 9 – Implemented in MR1

· The Chain Manager needs "change sides" back =

Change sides option in Chain Manager like V9 – Being developed for MR2

· Lost F2 to unzoom (previous zoom) = Previous zoom – Scheduled for MR2

· I miss my AutoCursor single-key keyboard shortcuts = AutoCursor shortcut keys like Version 9 – Being developed for MR2

· I wish you could key in point coordinates without having to go up to the ribbon bars = FastPoint mode like Version 9 – Being developed for MR2

· Must bring back Setdirs C-Hook = Setdirs – Being developed for MR2

· Solid selection needs to be easier = Solid selection improvements – Being developed for MR2

· NCI file name to default to the group name like V9 would be GREATLY appreciated = NCI file naming change – Being developed for MR2

We are also working on ideas for future releases to address the following issues. Any additional suggestions are welcome on these areas:

· More consistency when pre-selecting or post-selecting for different functions.

· Making the icons on ribbon bars easier to understand and learn.

· Possibly combining text and icons on vertical dialog boxes.

We plan on doing a second survey to get feedback on some specific areas of the software where you had issues. But thanks for your time and effort this time around.

All this is great news and good work, cheers.gif

I would like to see when in 4 viewports opened and you hit print that all the ports are printed on the same page. As of now, you can have other viewports opened but it only prints one port at a time. It would be nice not to have to xform the geometry 3 times to get it on the same page.

Thanks to CNC Software for the update on the survey. I think the thing I have missed the most has been the Setdir C-Hook, and I will be glad to get it back.

I think a second survey would be good before you make too many changes because things that we had issues with at first may not be as much of a problem now. Maybe put more time into videos like the intro to MCX that CNC had done, there is a lot of information in there that can be learned by watching it several times.

Carl